NHS Sight Tests
You qualify for a free NHS funded sight test if:
- You're aged under 16
- You're aged 16, 17 or 18 and are in full-time education
- You're aged 60 or over
- You're registered as partially sighted (sight impaired) or blind (severely sight impaired)
- You've been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- You're 40 or over, and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- You've been advised by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) that you're at risk of glaucoma
- You're a prisoner on leave from prison
- You're eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher - your optometrist (optician) can advise you about your entitlement
Free Eye Tests
You're also entitled to a free eye test on the NHS and help towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses if you:
- Receive Income Support
- Receive Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (not contribution-based)
- Receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (not contribution-based)
- Are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- On a low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
With Black's Opticians, you can be confident that the eye test we carry out will be performed by an experienced professional.
We have many years of experience to call upon, and are committed to delivering the highest standards of care when it comes to eye examinations. Why not give us a call on the number above to arrange your eye examination?
Whenever you need an eye examinations in Washington (Tyne and Wear) or Sunderland, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Black's Opticians. We hope to hear from you soon.